Yet another update to DB Time Monitor

Yet another update to DB Time Monitor to fix some major bugs. These included
  • Numerical overflows
  • Java7 comparator bugs
  • Vertical text incorrectly rendered in Java7
Hopefully this means that 10g and 11g support is fully working under Java6 and Java7

You can download it in the usual place

Update to DB Time Monitor

I’ve update DB Time Monitor to include support for Oracle10g. I’ve also fixed a bug in the top ten wait events table that didn’t display the correct percentages.

Let me know if you have any problems. You can find the latest download

Removal of malware files

I’ve removed the offending files. Google now sees the web site it as clean again. I’ll try and keep an eye on it. It may take a few days for some the of the other malware crawlers to see it as clean. If you see Google flag it up again drop me a line and I’ll purge it again. This is likely to be an on going battle.

Web Site Hack

It looks like someone has managed a javascript injection attack on my web site. Some people have received warnings telling them is a malicious attack site. Apologies for this. I’ll start by attempting to reload as much content as I can in the hope of purging the java script. If this doesn’t work I’ll go for a complete purge.

I’d rather not be doing this with my spare time but thats the nature of the web at present. Stick with me.

Fix to DB Time Monitor (Leaked Cursors)

I’ve just posted a fix to DB Time Monitor. I didn’t correctly close a cursor when a user changed their preference to “foreground and background”. You can download it from the usual place.

New build of DB Time Monitor

I’ve released a new build of DB Time Monitor with some stability fixes in it. The client will now reconnect to a database once it becomes available and display messages about its state when it can’t. I’ve also included a dynamic legend to hopefully make it easier to figure out whats going on. You can download it from the usual place, here.

Changing java libraries and increasing the heap size used by swingbench

I’ve been asked a couple of times recently about how to change the infrastructure libraries i.e. the Oracle jdbc driver. I try to always ship the latest jdbc/ons/ucp libraries but its possible that Oracle may realease a patch set whilst I’m working on something else. Its also possible people may want to investigate a bug or performance problem by trying out a selection of drivers. To change the jar files all that is needed is to move the old version out of the lib directory and copy the new one in, for example

$> cd swingbench$> mv lib/ojdbc6.jar ~/backup/ojdbc6.jar$> cp ~/newjdbc/ojcbc6.jar lib

Don’t try and keep multiple versions of the same driver in the lib directory. It can lead to unexpected results. When swingbench starts it looks in the lib directory for all the libraries (contained in the jar files) to use.

If you need to increase the amount of memory used by swingbench you need to edit a file called launcher.xml in the launcher directory. You might need to do this if you are planning to run with many thousands of threads. You need to changed the default value (1024m) to a larger one. For example

to something like